1. We believe that God created a world which was very good, including human beings made in His image and likeness, both male and female.
Gen. 1:27, 31
2. We accept the reality of sin in the world and the resulting brokenness of our relationship with God, one another, and the whole of creation.
3. We affirm the biblical witness that God became human in Christ Jesus to restore thoserelationships through His life, death and resurrection; and that this will be brought to completion on the last daywhen Christ returns.
Luke 9:22, John 1:14, 2 Cor. 5:18, John 6:39, Heb.9:28.
4. We affirm the grace of God in restoring thoserelationships, through faith in Jesus, and our adoption as children of God through the indwelling of God’s Spirit.
Eph. 2:8, Rom. 8:15.
5. We recognise that our bodies are thereby holy and temples of the Holy Spirit.
Col. 1:22, 1 Cor. 6:19.
6. We are called to offer our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is our true worship.
7. In common with all Christians, we accept the need for holy and chaste living. We affirm that this is totally compatible with nakedness, alone or in company.
Eph. 5:3, Gen. 2:25, Job 1:21, 1 Sam. 19:24.
8. We take every opportunity to share the good news of Jesus Christ with others and to live as faithful citizens of heaven.
Acts 5:42, Phil. 1:27.
9. We are sensitive to the beliefs and practices of others. We do not wish to give unnecessary offence and seek to be guided in all things by the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.
Rom. 14:19, 2 Tim. 3:16-17, Jn. 16:13.
10. Our aim is to glorify God with the whole of our being.
1 Pet. 2:12, Rom. 15:6
Basis of Faith -Revised 2012